The Federal Targeted Programme “Research and Development in Priority Areas of Development of the Russian Scientific and Technological Complex for 2014-2020”, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
The 2014-2020 Programme is part of the State Programme of the Russian Federation for the Development of Science and Technology, and is aimed at addressing the tasks envisaged by the Strategy of Innovative Development of the Russian Federation until 2020 (approved in 2011). The purpose of the Programme is to create a competitive and well-functioning sector of applied research and development - in other words, the Programme aims is to ensure a world-class level of research and development, as well as global competitiveness of the Russian Federation in the areas determined by the national scientific and technological priorities by 2020. The Programme is coordinated by the Ministry of the Russian Federation.
The Federal Targeted Programme (hereinafter - the Programme) encompasses numerous complexes bound by resources and timing of research, development, production, socio-economic, organisational and other measures to ensure solutions to target objectives in public, economic and social development of the Russian Federation.
Priority fields for development of science, technology and engineering in the Russian Federation are:
• Life sciences;
• Information and telecommunication systems;
• Environmental management;
• Energy efficiency, energy conservation and nuclear power;
• Transport and Space Systems.
The Objectives of the Programme include:
• Support for applied research and experimental development projects, including those of cross-sectoral nature, aimed at creating products and technologies for further modernisation of industries and conducted in view of the priorities established for the scientific and technological sphere using the results of fundamental research;
• Ensuring systemic planning and coordination of research and development (R&D) projects based on the alignment of priorities for scientific and technological spheres development based on a system of technological forecasting which takes into account competitive advantages in various fields of science, long-term objectives of social and economic development of the Russian Federation, including the individual subjects of the Russian Federation;
• Providing opportinuty for the research and development sector to solve new complex scientific and technological problems and improve performance of conducted research and development projects;
• Ensuring integration of the Russian R&D sector into the international innovative system based on the balanced development of international scientific relations of the Russian Federation;
• Enhance efficiency of the R&D sector by ensuring the unity of its infrastructure and coordination of infrastructure development objectives with the system of development priorities for the scientific and technological sphere.
The following participants are welcome to participate in the Programme:
• Any legal entity, including state (municipal) institutions (except for public institutions) on activities 1.1 - 1.4, 2.1, 2.2, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 of the Programme;
• Any legal entity, regardless of its organizational-legal form, form of ownership or any individual for activities 2.3, 3.2, 3.3.1, 3.3.2 and 5.1 of the Programme.